The Good: Specifically designed to protect groups of up to 10 adult or student travelers, this plan has all the expected basics: trip cancellation, interruption, missed connections and travel delays. Plus, it includes AD&D in the base plan.
The Drawbacks: Must have at least 10 people traveling, and all travelers must be insured. With multiple plan levels for both student and adult groups, it can be harder to choose.
The Bottom Line: TravelSafe is a very consumer-friendly company with a very simple, easy-to-use website. This plan has good coverage for all the basic traveler needs and should satisfy any travel group planner seeking travel insurance.
|Travel delays (8 hours or more)||$150 per day/$750 maximum|
|Emergency evacuations||(included in Medical expense limit)|
|Baggage delay (12 hours or more)||$250|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
* May be included, not included, or optional depending on the plan you select.
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption are broad for the adult plans and less for the student plans.
- Plan includes assistance services provided by One Call Worldwide Travel Services Network.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional ‘cancel for any reason’ available in adult plans for up to 75% of trip costs.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage.
- Trip cancellation and interruption benefits limited to the amount of coverage purchased (must insure the total trip costs).
- The medical expense limit includes emergency evacuations, which can be expensive, so the coverage may not be enough in a travel medical emergency.
- No coverage for car rentals available.
- No ‘cancel for work reasons’ available.