Note: This page is about travel insurance with Cancel For Any Reason coverage for coronavirus. For information about “travel medical only” insurance with coronavirus, go here.
Travel insurance with Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) coverage has become very popular since the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak earlier this year.
Travelers want to book future travel, but don’t want to lose their money if future outbreaks of coronavirus cause a cancellation.
Why is CFAR coverage important with coronavirus?
- Standard travel insurance will not cover it if you cancel out of fear of coronavirus
- If you are concerned about future outbreaks, the only travel insurance that would cover cancellation is CFAR
- Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) lets you cancel your trip…for any reason…and still get up to 75% of your trip cost reimbursed
- Travel insurance with CFAR is the best choice for travelers looking to protect their trip costs against a cancellation because of coronavirus
When the outbreak first started, many travel insurance companies halted the sales of CFAR insurance because it was no longer financially possible.
However, several companies are still offering this coverage if you meet the necessary criteria:
- Insure 100% of your trip cost
- Buy your plan within the purchase window
- Cancel at least 48 hours prior to departure
Companies still offering Cancel For Any Reason coverage.
|April||Pandemic Plus||14 days|
|CAT 70||Travel Plan||15 days|
|HTH Worldwide||TripProtector Preferred||10 days|
|Seven Corners||RoundTrip Elite||20 days|
|Trawick||Safe Travels First Class||10 days|
|Travel Insurance |
- This is the number of days after your initial trip deposit date in which you would need to purchase.
Example: Make first payment towards a trip on July 1st, you would have until July 14th to buy travel insurance with CFÅR coverage. You can always adjust policy with additional costs later, but this gets the coverage locked in.