Editor Review of Travelex
The Good: Kids are covered at no additional cost (If child’s trip cost exceeds $10,000 or adult trip cost or trip length exceeds 30 days, the child will be charged the corresponding plan cost); Simple plan choices; Website is very easy to use; Upgrade options for families, adventure sports, etc.; Primary medical coverage; Short pre-existing condition look back period; Very reputable name and company stability.
The Bottom Line: Travelex is a rock-solid name in travel service, they have a simple selection of plans on their website, and their customer service is attentive and professional.
|US Travel Insurance Association Member||Yes|
|Refund Policy||15-day Free Look Period|
|Travel Insurance Plans||Package plans
Travel accident plans
Flight Insure Plus
|Company Contact Information||Travelex Insurance Services
810 N. 96th Street
Omaha, NE 68164-7070
1-800-228-9792 (8am-7pm Central Time M-F)
|Travel Assistance/Emergencies||Inside US/Canada: 1-844-215-1672 (toll free)
Outside US/Canada: call operator & connect to 647-775-8042 (no charge)
Travelex offers a wide range of travel insurance package plans and a couple travel accident plans.
Their package plans include all the expected benefits at good limits and affordable pricing. Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption are extensive and include job loss, terrorism, death or hospitalization of a destination host, and many more.
Upgrades for additional medical coverage, adventure sports coverage, car rental collision coverage, and air accidental death & dismemberment coverage are available to help fill any gaps in their policies.
Their website is easy to use and their plan documents are easy to read – very easy. Getting a quote is simple and can be done right from the home page, so there’s no hunting and clicking to find what you need.
Across their plans, Travelex has made it very easy to locate and calculate plan pricing. Plus, their plans are considered very affordable when compared to other plans.
Highlights of Travelex Travel Insurance
- Travelex plans are easy to understand and price, plus they are some of the most affordable plans on the market for excellent coverage.
- Their plans also include comprehensive travel assistance services, including concierge, business, and travel emergency services with every plan.
- Claims procedure instructions are clear and included right in the policy, so there’s no hunting for what you need to retain when it’s necessary to make a claim.
- Kids are included at no additional cost on the Travel Select plan.
Optional Coverage Available in Travelex Plans
- Optional Air AD&D of $200,000 per person.
- Optional medical coverage adds an additional $50,000 in medical expense coverage and $500,000 in medical evacuation coverage.
- Optional Adventurer sports coverage adds exclusion waiver for participation in professional athletic events, mountain climbing, operating an aircraft and travel on air-supported devices such as hot air ballooning.
- Optional Car rental collision coverage up to $35,000 per plan for collision damage, vandalism, windstorm, hail, fire, or flood occurs to a rental car while on your trip ($100 deductible).
Travelex Travel Insurance plans
Basic, affordable protection for those on a budget with useful optional upgrades
A good travel insurance plan for individuals and families on general vacations and on a budget. It provides coverage for the essential travel risks for trips of 30 days or less. The optional upgrade adds flight AD&D and coverage for rental cars.
Travel Select– Most popular plan
Good coverage with multiple upgrades and children under 18 are covered at no additional cost
This is excellent family-friendly coverage for trips up to 364 days. Children under 18 are covered at no additional cost when traveling with a covered adult. Multiple upgrades allow you to customize the plan to suit your needs. Good coverage for all the expected package plan benefits.
Travel Accident Plans
Excellent travel accident protection for single trips.
This plan offers Air Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Trip Delay benefits for trips of 180 days or less. Select the amount of coverage up to $1,000,000.
Quote and buy direct: Get a quote directly at the Travelex website. A good choice if you know you want a Travelex plan and are ready to enroll.
Compare quotes from all companies: Click here to get quotes from all major travel insurance companies using a comparison tool.
Flight Insure Plus
Excellent travel accident protection for single trips
This is broad flight accident, medical, and evacuation coverage with a few extras for trips of 180 days or less. This is accident-only coverage for U.S. travelers with adequate medical coverage back home who need a little extra medical coverage for out-of-network costs and accidental death and dismemberment benefits.