The Good: This plan has high medical and evacuation limits (non emergency medical evacuations too). The time frames and limits for missed connections and travel delays are good as well. Purchase within 21 days of initial trip payment and get several valuable extras.
The Drawbacks: Benefits for travelers over age 80 are limited.
The Bottom Line: This is a comprehensive travel insurance protection from a trusted company. It includes all the expected basics and a number of additional benefits in the base plan. Optional coverage enhances the trip cancellation coverage and adds car rental collision coverage.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $150,000)|
|Missed connections (3 hours or more)||$2,500|
|Travel delays (6 hours or more)||$150 per day/$750 maximum|
|Emergency evacuations||$1,000,000 (non medical emergency evacuations up to $25,000)|
|Baggage delay (12 hours or more)||$250|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Includes non medical emergency evacuations (to hospital of choice) up to $25,000.
- Includes reimbursement up to $150 for airline-imposed fees to re-bank frequent flyer miles is trip is canceled due to death or severe illness/injury to you, a traveling companion, or a business partner.
- Medical bills for follow-up care are paid (up to plan limits) for one full year from the time of a travelerâ€™s illness or injury.
- Exclusive free online access to your medical records to you or a physician chosen by you anywhere in the world
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption are generous, including unannounced strikes, traffic accidents, layoffs, terrorism, revoked leave, and many more.
- If plan is purchased within 21 days of initial trip deposit, the exclusion for pre-existing conditions is waived and youâ€™ll have financial default for common carriers, cruise lines, and tour operators.
- Short 60-day look-back period for pre-existing conditions.
- Advance payments to the hospital (up to maximum amount) to secure your admission into a hospital or medical facility due to a covered illness or injury.
- Coverage limits for missed connections and trip delays is good when compared to other plans.
- Assistance services includes travel services, medical services, business services and concierge services. Assistance services are provided by One Call Worldwide Travel Services Network.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional rental car coverage available up to $35,000.
- Optional flight accident AD&D up to $500,000.
- Purchase the Extended Personal Property Pac to override the electronic and sports equipment exclusion in the baggage coverage. (Maximum limit for electronic equipment, cell phones, laptops and sports equipment rental is $1,000.)
- Purchase the Classic Plus upgrade for â€˜cancel for any reasonâ€™ available (up to 100%, subject to penalty schedule).
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage.
- Benefits for travelers 80+ are limited to $15,000 trip cost and trip length of 30 days.