The Good: The missed connection timeline for this plan is short, and the coverage amount is good. It includes non emergency medical evacuations and advance medical payments to hospitals. Most of the expected trip protection coverage at an affordable price.
The Drawbacks: No AD&D, car rental coverage, or ‘cancel for any reason’ available with this plan.
The Bottom Line: TravelSafe has been in the business since 1971, so they’ve been in the field a long time. This plan provides the coverage most travelers expect in their travel insurance plan with an eye toward value pricing.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $10,000)|
|Missed connections (3 hours or more)||$500|
|Travel delays (6 hours or more)||$100 per day/$500 maximum|
|Baggage delay (12 hours or more)||$100|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Expanded trip cancellation covered reasons to include cessation of common carrier services due to strike, mechanical failure, and severe weather (12 hours or more).
- Non emergency medical evacuations for medically necessary transportation to a hospital or medical facility closest to your permanent residence.
- Exclusive free online access to your medical records to you or a physician chosen by you anywhere in the world.
- Short 60-day look-back period for pre-existing conditions.
- Advance payments to secure your admission into a hospital or medical facility for a covered illness or injury.
- Medical bills for follow-up care are paid (up to plan limits) for one full year from the time of a traveler’s illness or injury.
- Optional rental car coverage available up to $35,000.
- Optional flight accident AD&D up to $500,000.
- Purchase the Extended Personal Property Pac to override the electronic and sports equipment exclusion in the baggage coverage. (Maximum limit for electronic equipment, cell phones, laptops and sports equipment rental is $1,000.)
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage.
- Medical expense limit is low when compared to other plans.
- No ‘cancel for any reason’ available.