The Good: This plan provides good coverage for all the benefits expected in a travel insurance package plan. Kids age 17 and under are covered when accompanied by a covered adult. If the child’s trip cost exceeds $10,000 or the adult trip cost or trip length exceeds 30 days, the child will be charged the corresponding plan cost. Multiple optional upgrades are available to fill out any coverage gaps allowing you to customize your plan to fit your needs. Pre-existing condition waiver is available if the plan is purchased within 15 days of initial trip payment.
The Drawbacks: Plan is only available to U.S. citizens and not all benefits are available to citizens of all U.S. States.
The Bottom Line: Excellent family-friendly coverage with kids up to 17 years of age covered free (see details above).
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $25,000)|
|Travel delays (5 hours or more)||$750 maximum|
|Baggage delay (12 hours or more)||$250|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption include inclement weather, mechanical breakdowns, strikes, travel supplier financial default, natural disasters, terrorist acts, and more.
- Medical coverage is primary.
- Kids age 17 and under are covered when accompanied by a covered adult. If child’s trip cost exceeds $10,000 or adult trip cost or trip length exceeds 30 days, the child will be charged the corresponding plan cost.
- Travel delays and missed connection coverage is combined into one benefit, and if a delay of 3 hours or more results in a missed cruise, additional transportation expenses required to join the departed cruise are covered.
- This plan can be purchased as a post-departure plan, which eliminates the cancellation coverage and limits the trip interruption coverage to $1,0500.
- If a travel supplier cancels your covered trip, an additional $200 is available for reissue fees charged by the airlines or for the cost to return frequent flyer miles back to your account.
- Includes up to $250 to transport a covered vehicle to your home if you are unable to drive.
- Baggage delay benefits include an additional $25 to expedite your luggage return.
- Evacuation coverage includes emergency medical reunion and return of minor children.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Pre-existing condition waiver available if plan is purchased within 15 days of initial trip payment.
- Optional upgrade adds flight AD&D of $200,000 per person and up to $35,000 in rental car damage protection.
- Optional upgrade adds sports activity waiver, child care and tuition fee reimbursement for trip cancellations and interruptions, overnight movie rentals and kennel fees in the event of trip delays, and pet medical and medical evacuation expenses.
- Optional upgrade adds sports equipment coverage, additional medical, search and rescue, adventure activity waiver and more.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Optional coverages must be purchased at the time of plan purchase and within 21 days of initial trip deposit.
- Plan is only available to U.S. citizens.
- Not all benefits are available to residents of all U.S. states.