The Good: This is excellent coverage focused on the needs of the business traveler. It includes high baggage protections and additional coverage for business property. It also has a very short pre-existing condition look-back period (only 30 days). Travel assistance services with concierge and business services are also included. No time limits apply to travel delay and missed connection coverage.
The Drawbacks: There are few benefits in the base coverage compared to other full-featured package plans. Many useful benefits are available only as upgrades.
The Bottom Line: This plan offers broad protections that can be purchased by individual business travelers or by corporations protecting their employees. Overseas travelers should consider adding the medical upgrade if their own health insurance does not extend beyond U.S. borders (and most donâ€™t).
|Travel delays (hours or more)||$750|
|Baggage delay (12 hours or more)||$600|
|‘Cancel for any reason’ (up to 80%)||Yes|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Available for single trips or as an annual plan.
- Additional business property coverage up to $500 for theft, loss or damage to laptops, mobile devices, and other professional equipment ($100 deductible applies).
- Travel delays includes missed connections due to weather, strikes, or common carrier delays and no time limits apply.
- Can be purchased by individuals or corporations (for their employees).
- Very short look-back period for pre-existing conditions â€’ just 30 days.
- Very easy to understand and calculate pricing.
- Worldwide travel assistance, concierge, and business services are available anytime.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional trip cancellation coverage available for 100% of trip costs. Can be purchased in increments of $1,000 up to a maximum f $5,000.
- Optional â€˜cancel for any reasonâ€™ available for up to 80% of trip costs.
- Optional medical expense benefits up to $50,000.
- Optional rental vehicle damage coverage up to $50,000.
- Optional flight accident benefits of $300,000 or $500,000 available.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- Maximum trip length is 30 days.
- Available only to U.S. residents.