The Good: Offering very broad coverage for trip cancellation and interruption, this plan also comes with an unusual benefit: ‘interruption for any reason’ as well as ‘cancel for any reason’. High car rental coverage is included in the base plan, as well as good coverage for delays, missed connections, and baggage losses. Travel accident protection is also included in base plan and trips as long as 180 days are covered.
The Drawbacks: Plans with $0 trip costs have reduced benefits.
The Bottom Line: Itâ€™s easy to see why this is Travel Insuredâ€™s most popular plan because it has high limits and inclusive benefits like pet protection, car rental coverage, and AD&D in the base plan. Optional coverage upgrades have simple and affordable per-person pricing, so itâ€™s easy to know how much the coverage will cost right up front.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $25,000, N/A if trip cost $0)|
|Trip interruption||150% ($1,000 return air only if trip cost $0)|
|Missed connections (3 hours or more)||$500|
|Travel delays (6 hours or more)||$200 per day/$1,000 maximum|
|Medical expenses||$100,000 ($750 dental)|
|Baggage loss||$1,000 ($250 per/$500 combined)|
|Baggage delay (12 hours or more)||$300|
|Car rental collision||$50,000|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- High limits for emergency medical, evacuation and repatriation.
- ‘Cancel for any reason’ coverage for up to 75% of trip cost if purchased within 21 days of initial trip deposit
- ‘Interruption for any reason’ for up to 75% of trip cost.
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation are broad and include ‘cancel for work reason’, school year extensions, job loss, terrorist attacks at your destination, traffic accidents, hospitalization of destination host, pregnancies occurring after the plan effective date, and more.
- Purchase the plan within 21 days of initial trip deposit and youâ€™re eligible for pre-existing medical conditions coverage.
- The renters collision benefit is higher than that offered by many plans.
- The baggage loss and baggage delay limits are relatively high when compared to other plans, as are the coverage limit for missed connections and travel delays.
- Plan includes political and natural disaster evacuation services.
- Travel Insured Internationalâ€™s worldwide travel assistance services include a high number of services, including translation services, meet and greet services, shopping assistance, emergency cash advances, and more.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Option to increase benefit limits for travel delays, missed connections and baggage coverage ($35 per person).
- Optional air flight only AD&D available up to the amount purchased.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- Plans with $0 trip cost have reduced coverage. Specifically, return air only for trip interruption is limited to $1,000 if $0 trip costs is selected.