The Good: This plan offers essential coverage for travel risks and broad reasons for trip cancellations.
The Drawbacks: Emergency medical expense limits and travel delay limits are relatively low.
The Bottom Line: This is solid travel insurance that covers the essentials with reasonably priced upgrades to enhance the coverage for your travel needs. Cover trips up to 30 days long.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $10,000)|
|Trip interruption||100% (no return air if $0 trip cost)|
|Missed connections (12 hours or more)||$300|
|Travel delays (12 hours or more)||$100 per day/$300 maximum|
|Medical expenses||$10,000 ($50 deductible/$750 dental)|
|Baggage loss||$750 ($50 deductible, $250 per/$500 combined)|
|Baggage delay (24 hours or more)||$200|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Long review period (14 days) and get a premium refund.
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation are broad and include terrorist attacks, natural disasters, hospitalization of host, strikes, traffic accidents, job loss and more.
- Change fees and reimbursement of mileage or rewards points up to $250.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional ‘cancel for work reasons’ upgrade for just $24 per person.
- Double your medical and evacuation limits with an optional medical upgrade for $25 per person.
- Optional car rental coverage for up to $25,000 for just $7 per day.
- Optional flight-only AD&D at affordable prices and you choose the coverage limit.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- No coverage for pre-existing medical conditions.
- No base coverage for AD&D.
- No ‘cancel for any reason’ available.