The Good: This is quality travel insurance coverage with adequate benefit limits. It includes both a pre-existing medical condition waiver and a waiver for supplier financial default in the base plan if purchased within 15 days of your initial trip deposit. Trip cancellation and interruption coverage is expanded to include terrorist acts that occur within 30 days of your trip. Travel assistance services is expanded with live travel and concierge services. Excellent price options for trips longer than 30 days.
The Drawbacks: The evacuation limit may be low depending on the traveler’s destination. The baggage delay time frame is relatively long when compared to other plans. Plan is only available to U.S. citizens, and optional coverage not available to residents of all U.S. States. Not recommended for cruise trips due to the lack of missed connection coverage.
The Bottom Line: This plan provides adequate coverage for many of the risks travelers face at comfortable benefit limits. Round out the coverage by purchasing early (within 15 days of initial trip deposit) and gain pre-existing medical coverage and financial default coverage at no extra cost.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $100,000)|
|Travel delays (12 hours or more)||$200 per day/$1,000 maximum|
|Baggage delay (24 hours or more)||$100|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Includes supplier default in the base plan (if purchased within 15 days of initial trip deposit).
- Includes coverage for pre-existing medical conditions in base plan (if purchased within 15 days of initial trip deposit).
- Easy to understand pricing available right on the plan description page.
- Trips lasting over 30 days cost only an additional $5.00 per person for day 31 through 365
- Travel assistance services are upgraded with concierge services and travel emergency services provided by Worldwide Assistance Center.
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption include illness and injury, natural disasters, strikes, traffic accidents, terrorist acts and more.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional security evacuation coverage for reasonable charges (up to the plan maximum of $100,000) to be evacuated from the host country due to an occurrence that results in the insured being placed in imminent physical danger (purchase within 21 days of your initial trip payment).
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- No coverage for missed connections.
- Baggage delay limit is relatively low when compared to other plans.
- The evacuation limit may be low depending on the traveler’s destination.
- No options for adventure traveler or hazardous sports upgrades available.
- No car rental coverage option available.
- The ‘cancel for any reason’ benefit is not available to residents of New York at this time.