The Good: This is a high-end coverage plan with high coverage limits and primary medical coverage. It includes both a pre-existing medical condition waiver and a waiver for supplier financial default in the base plan if purchased within 15 days of your initial trip deposit. Trip cancellation and interruption coverage is expanded to include terrorist acts that occur within 30 days of your trip. Travel assistance services is expanded with live travel and concierge services. Excellent pricing for trips longer than 30 days.
The Drawbacks: The baggage delay time frame is relatively long when compared to other plans. Plan is only available to U.S. citizens, and optional coverage not available to residents of all U.S. States. This might not be the best plan for cruise trips, however, because it lacks coverage for missed connections.
The Bottom Line: With high coverage limits and optional coverage if purchased early, this plan is ideal for those longer or more expensive trips you will take. The medical and evacuation coverage should cover just about any medical emergency. Purchase the plan within 21 days of your initial trip deposit for more complete coverage at no additional cost to you.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $100,000)|
|Travel delays (12 hours or more)||$250 per day/$1,500 maximum|
|Baggage delay (24 hours or more)||$200|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Includes supplier default in the base plan (if purchased within 15 days of initial trip deposit).
- Includes coverage for pre-existing medical conditions in base plan (if purchased within 15 days of initial trip deposit).
- Medical coverage is primary with this plan.
- Easy to understand pricing available right on the plan description page.
- Trips lasting over 30 days cost only an additional $5.00 per person for day 31 through 365.
- Travel assistance services are upgraded with concierge services and travel emergency services provided by Worldwide Assistance Center.
- Covered reasons for trip interruption and cancellation include terrorist acts occurring within 30 days of your arrival in your destination city, along with illness and injury, theft of passports, automobile accidents, job loss and more.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional ‘cancel for any reason’ coverage is available for up to 70% reimbursement of your trip costs if you purchase within 21 days of your initial trip deposit.
- Optional security evacuation coverage for reasonable charges (up to the plan maximum of $100,000) to be evacuated from the host country due to an occurrence that results in the insured being placed in imminent physical danger (purchase within 21 days of your initial trip payment).
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- No options for adventure traveler or hazardous sports upgrades available.
- Baggage delay time frame is relatively long (24 hours versus 6 or 12) when compared to other plans.
- No car rental coverage option available.
- No coverage for missed connections.
- The ‘cancel for any reason’ benefit is not available to residents of New York at this time.