The Good: This is basic travel insurance coverage for a traveler who isnâ€™t going very far from home. The covered reasons for cancellation and interruption are broad and should cover most situations a budget traveler will face. Excellent price options for longer trips.
The Drawbacks: The coverage limits are relatively low when compared to other plans, and the baggage delay time frame is relatively long. The medical and evacuation limits may not be adequate if the traveler is going abroad. Available only to U.S. citizens. No coverage for missed connections, so reconsider if your trip involves a cruise.
The Bottom Line: Providing coverage for many of the expected benefits, this plan offers basic benefit limits with good 24-hour travel assistance services. Excellent for healthy, budget-minded travelers taking general vacations and trips.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $100,000)|
|Travel delays (12 hours or more)||$150 per day/$750 maximum|
|Baggage delay (24 hours or more)||$50|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Easy to understand pricing available right on the plan description page.
- Trips lasting over 30 days cost only an additional $5.00 per person for day 31 through 365 for up to one full year of coverage.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional security evacuation coverage for reasonable charges (up to the plan maximum of $100,000) to be evacuated from the host country due to an occurrence that results in the insured being placed in imminent physical danger (purchase within 21 days of your initial trip payment).
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- No coverage for missed conditions, accidental death, supplier financial default or terrorism.
- Baggage delay coverage is very low when compared to other plans.
- Travel medical and emergency evacuation limits are low if the traveler plans to leave his or her home country and/or be outside their health insurance network.
- No waiver for pre-existing medical conditions is available.
- The â€˜cancel for any reasonâ€™ benefit is not available to residents of New York at this time.