The Good: One child under 17 per insured adult is covered at no additional cost. Plan includes most of the expected travel insurance benefits and a number of useful assistance services.
The Drawbacks: This planâ€™s medical coverage is relatively low when compared to other plans. While coverage can be purchased up to 24 hours prior to departure, financial default coverage requires an earlier purchase. Pre-existing condition coverage is capped at $15,000. This plan has a few deductibles.
The Bottom Line: is a good travel insurance plan – especially for families traveling with children – from a reliable travel insurance company. The plan is perfect for insuring trip costs while keeping an eye on the budget.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $100,000)|
|Trip interruption||100% or $500 return air only *|
|Travel delays (12 hours or more)||$100 per day/$500 maximum|
|Medical expenses||$15,000 ($50 deductible)|
|Baggage loss||$750 ($50 deductible)|
|Baggage delay (24 hours or more)||$200|
|24/7 assistance services **||Yes|
* Trip interruption and return air only coverage cannot be combined.
** Non insurance assistance services provided by Travel Guard.
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Financial default of a cruise line, airline, or tour operator is covered if you purchase this plan within 15 days of the initial trip deposit.
- Coverage for cancellation or interruption due to a pre-existing condition is covered (conditions apply) if plan is purchased within 15 days of the initial trip deposit.
- Flight accident AD&D ($25,000) is included (added to any additional flight guard purchased) when plan is purchased within 15 days of initial trip deposit.
- One child under 17 per insured adult covered at no additional cost.
- Concierge services, travel medical services, and personal assistance services provided by Travel Guard.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional flight guard AD&D up to $500,000.
- Optional car rental coverage up to $35,000 (not available to residents of Texas and Kansas).
- Evacuation upgrade doubles the emergency evacuation benefit.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- No coverage for missed connections.
- Pre-existing condition coverage is limited to $15,000.
- No AD&D in the base plan and medical coverage is relatively low.
- Trip interruption is just 100% as opposed to 150%.
- No â€˜cancel for any reasonâ€™ upgrade available.