The Good: One child under 17 per insured adult is covered at no additional cost. Plan includes most of the expected travel insurance benefits and a number of useful assistance services.
The Drawbacks: This plan’s medical coverage is relatively low when compared to other plans. While coverage can be purchased up to 24 hours prior to departure, financial default coverage requires an earlier purchase. Pre-existing condition coverage is capped at $15,000. This plan has a few deductibles.
The Bottom Line: is a good travel insurance plan – especially for families traveling with children – from a reliable travel insurance company. The plan is perfect for insuring trip costs while keeping an eye on the budget.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $100,000)|
|Trip interruption||100% or $500 return air only *|
|Travel delays (12 hours or more)||$100 per day/$500 maximum|
|Medical expenses||$15,000 ($50 deductible)|
|Baggage loss||$750 ($50 deductible)|
|Baggage delay (24 hours or more)||$200|
|24/7 assistance services **||Yes|
* Trip interruption and return air only coverage cannot be combined.
** Non insurance assistance services provided by Travel Guard.
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Financial default of a cruise line, airline, or tour operator is covered if you purchase this plan within 15 days of the initial trip deposit.
- Coverage for cancellation or interruption due to a pre-existing condition is covered (conditions apply) if plan is purchased within 15 days of the initial trip deposit.
- Flight accident AD&D ($25,000) is included (added to any additional flight guard purchased) when plan is purchased within 15 days of initial trip deposit.
- One child under 17 per insured adult covered at no additional cost.
- Concierge services, travel medical services, and personal assistance services provided by Travel Guard.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional flight guard AD&D up to $500,000.
- Optional car rental coverage up to $35,000 (not available to residents of Texas and Kansas).
- Evacuation upgrade doubles the emergency evacuation benefit.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- No coverage for missed connections.
- Pre-existing condition coverage is limited to $15,000.
- No AD&D in the base plan and medical coverage is relatively low.
- Trip interruption is just 100% as opposed to 150%.
- No ‘cancel for any reason’ upgrade available.