The Good: This package plan is designed specifically for the business traveler. It’s annual travel insurance that covers all trips taken during the year. Optional trip cancellation coverage (for covered reasons) can be added.
The Drawbacks: Trip cancellation is not included in base plan.
The Bottom Line: This is an annual plan designed with the busy business traveler in mind. It covers multiple trips throughout the year under the same policy. The plan provides coverage for emergency medical care and evacuations – including security evacuations – while providing travel assistance services and business assistance services as well.
|Trip interruption (return air only)||$2,500|
|Missed connections (3 hours or more)||$500|
|Travel delays (5 hours or more)||$150 per day/$1,500 maximum|
|Emergency evacuations and Repatriation of Remains||$500,000|
|Baggage delay (12 hours or more)||$200 per day/$1,000 maximum|
|AD&D (including air)||$50,000|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes (includes Business Assistant Services)|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Covered reasons for trip interruption include inclement weather, natural disasters, terrorist attacks, job loss, and more.
- Includes Travel Guard’s 24-hour assistance services for Travel Medical Assistance,
Worldwide Travel Assistance, Concierge Services, and adds Business Assistant services
for conference call coordination, the latest travel delays, driving and walking directions,
- Includes security evacuation coverage up to $100,000. This benefit includes coverage
for consulting services if the insured is determined to be kidnapped or missing.
- Coverage can be extended up to 7 days if the insured is delayed in reaching their return destination due to a covered reason.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional trip cancellation coverage (maximum of $2,500 or $5,000).
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Emergency evacuations are limited to two per year.
- Maximum per-trip length is 90 days.
- No coverage for pre-existing medical conditions (look-back period is 90 days).
- No car rental collision coverage available.
- No ‘cancel for any reason’ or ‘cancel for work reasons’ available.