The Good: With relatively high plan limits for medical and evacuation costs, this package offers comprehensive coverage for trip up to 90 days. Designed to cover travelersâ€™ non refundable costs, in addition to providing adequate medical and emergency evacuation coverage, this plan is good coverage for travel-related risks. Plan includes some 24-hour AD&D in addition to common carrier AD&D.
The Drawbacks: Relatively low AD&D limits (see the optional add-ons). Time frame for delayed luggage and travel delays are relatively long when compared to other plans.
The Bottom Line:Â Offering excellent plan limits for medical and evacuation expenses, this plan has relatively low AD&D limits in the base plan, but you can increase those limits with an optional add-on.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $20,000)|
|Missed connections (3 hours or more)||$500|
|Travel delays (12 hours or more)||$150 per day/$500 maximum|
|Baggage delay (24 hours or more)||$200|
|AD&D||$25,000 (flight accident)/$10,000 (24-hour)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation or interruption include illness, felonious assault, traffic accidents, destination host death or hospitalization, and more.
- Includes up to $750 in emergency dental treatment.
- Includes up to $75 for airline ticket reissue charges if you covered the entire trip cost (including airfare).
- Pre-existing medical conditions covered if trip is purchased within 10 days of initial trip payment.
- Evacuation coverage includes reimbursement for return of dependent children and bedside visits.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional flight accident for additional AD&D up to $100,000, $250,000, or $500,000 available.
- Optional car rental collision protection up to $35,000 available (not available in all countries).
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- The AD&D limits are relatively low when compared to plans from other companies.
- Many covered reasons for cancellation and interruption require early plan purchase (within 10 days of initial trip deposit).
- Delay for missing baggage coverage reimbursement is relatively long (24 hours).
- Time limit for travel delay coverage reimbursement is relatively long (12 hours).
- No option for adventurous activities like skiing, SCUBA, and more.