The Good: With relatively high plan limits for medical and evacuation costs, this package offers comprehensive coverage for trip up to 90 days. Designed to cover travelers’ non refundable costs, in addition to providing adequate medical and emergency evacuation coverage, this plan is good coverage for travel-related risks. Plan includes some 24-hour AD&D in addition to common carrier AD&D.
The Drawbacks: Relatively low AD&D limits (see the optional add-ons). Time frame for delayed luggage and travel delays are relatively long when compared to other plans.
The Bottom Line: Offering excellent plan limits for medical and evacuation expenses, this plan has relatively low AD&D limits in the base plan, but you can increase those limits with an optional add-on.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $20,000)|
|Missed connections (3 hours or more)||$500|
|Travel delays (12 hours or more)||$150 per day/$500 maximum|
|Baggage delay (24 hours or more)||$200|
|AD&D||$25,000 (flight accident)/$10,000 (24-hour)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation or interruption include illness, felonious assault, traffic accidents, destination host death or hospitalization, and more.
- Includes up to $750 in emergency dental treatment.
- Includes up to $75 for airline ticket reissue charges if you covered the entire trip cost (including airfare).
- Pre-existing medical conditions covered if trip is purchased within 10 days of initial trip payment.
- Evacuation coverage includes reimbursement for return of dependent children and bedside visits.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional flight accident for additional AD&D up to $100,000, $250,000, or $500,000 available.
- Optional car rental collision protection up to $35,000 available (not available in all countries).
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- The AD&D limits are relatively low when compared to plans from other companies.
- Many covered reasons for cancellation and interruption require early plan purchase (within 10 days of initial trip deposit).
- Delay for missing baggage coverage reimbursement is relatively long (24 hours).
- Time limit for travel delay coverage reimbursement is relatively long (12 hours).
- No option for adventurous activities like skiing, SCUBA, and more.