The Good: This plan provides excellent plan limits for the coverages and offers a number of optional add-ons to increase the coverage. It covers trips up to 30 days and coverage for pre-existing medical conditions, bankruptcy and terrorism are included in the base plan at no additional cost (with early purchase).
The Drawbacks: A number of benefits, for bankruptcy, terrorist, and pre-existing medical conditions, require early purchase (within 21 days of initial trip payment) to be valid. No options for adventure sports activities. Coverage not available to all areas of the globe.
The Bottom Line: This plan has high coverage limits and some additional add-ons to customize the coverage for your needs. This is excellent, comprehensive travel insurance coverage for individuals and families.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $30,000)|
|Missed connections (3 hours or more)||$150 per day/$750 maximum|
|Travel delays (3 hours or more)||$150 per day/$750 maximum|
|Baggage delay (24 hours or more)||$300|
|AD&D||$25,000 (24-hour)/$25,000 (flight accident)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Pre-existing medical condition waiver automatically included if plan is purchased within 21 days of initial trip payment.
- Includes up to $75 for airline ticket reissue charges.
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption include terrorist events, felonious assault, job loss, supplier bankruptcy, severe weather, and more.
- Includes up to $150 per day for reasonable accommodation and transportation expenses if you have to remain with a hospitalized traveling companion (10 day maximum).
- Includes emergency reunion and return of minor children up to plan limits in evacuation coverage.
- Includes up to $750 in emergency dental treatment.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional flight accident coverage available.
- Optional collision damage waiver for up to $35,000 available (not available in all countries).
- Optional cancel for any reason available for up to 75% reimbursement of non refundable trip costs.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Delay for missing baggage coverage reimbursement is relatively long (24 hours).
- Cancellation and interruption coverage for terrorist incidents not applicable for cities that have experienced a terrorist incident within the 90 days prior to your plan’s effective date.
- Not all coverages are available to citizens of all U.S. states.
- No options for adventure activities available.
- Travel to Israel, Jamaica, and the Republic of Ireland (Northern Ireland) as well as a number of other countries is not covered.
- The AD&D limits are relatively low when compared to plans from other companies.