The Good: This is good travel insurance protection for individuals and families on a budget covering trips up to 90 days in length. It includes all the expected coverages and offers some optional add-ons too. Coverage for pre-existing medical conditions, bankruptcy and terrorism are included in the base plan at no additional cost (with early purchase).
The Drawbacks: Coverage for a number of common travel risks, including bankruptcy, terrorism, and pre-existing medical conditions, is dependent on early purchase (within 21 days) of this travel insurance plan. Not available to residents of all U.S. states.
The Bottom Line: This plan is excellent trip insurance coverage for non refundable trip costs and comfortable limits for unforeseen risks that can occur while traveling.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $20,000)|
|Missed connections (3 hours or more)||$250|
|Travel delays (3 hours or more)||$150 per day/$500 maximum|
|Baggage delay (24 hours or more)||$100|
|AD&D||$25,000 (flight accident/$12,500 (24-hour)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption include terrorism, illness, felonious assault, natural disasters, traffic accidents, job loss and more.
- Pre-existing medical conditions, bankruptcy, sever weather, and terrorism are covered in base plan if purchased within 21 days of initial trip payment.
- Includes up to $750 in emergency dental treatment.
- Includes up to $75 for airline ticket reissue charges.
- Evacuation benefits include bedside visit and return of minor children.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional flight accident coverage ($100,000, $250,000, or $500,000) can be added.
- Optional collision damage waiver ($35,000) available for car rental protection (not available in all countries).
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Emergency medical coverage may be low depending on the traveler’s destination and the related risks.
- Delay for missing baggage coverage reimbursement is relatively long (24 hours) and the coverage is relatively low (only $100).
- Cancellation and interruption coverage for terrorist incidents not applicable for cities that have experienced a terrorist incident within the 90 days prior to your plan’s effective date.
- No ‘cancel for any reason’ available.
- The AD&D limits are relatively low when compared to plans from other companies.
- No options for adventure activities available.
- Not available to residents of all U.S. states.
- Travel to Israel, Jamaica, and the Republic of Ireland (Northern Ireland) as well as a number of other countries is not covered.