The Good: Featuring the highest plan limits, this package is for the traveler who wants complete travel protection. Include the ‘cancel for any reason’ add-on and you’ve covered just about anything that can go wrong on any type of trip.
The Drawbacks: A number of benefits, for bankruptcy, terrorist, and pre-existing medical conditions, require early purchase (within 21 days of initial trip payment) to be valid. No options for adventure sports activities. Coverage not available in all countries.
The Bottom Line: For travelers who want comprehensive travel protection, this plan delivers high plan limits for most coverages. Although the AD&D limits are relatively low when compared to plans from other companies, travelers can enhance the flight accident protection with an affordable option.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $30,000)|
|Missed connections (3 hours or more)||$1,000|
|Travel delays (12 hours or more)||$300 per day/$1,000 maximum|
|Baggage delay (24 hours or more)||$400|
|AD&D||$25,000 (flight accident)/$10,000 (24-hour)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Generous limits on all coverages.
- Includes up to $75 for airline ticket reissue charges if you covered the entire trip cost (including airfare).
- Pre-existing medical conditions covered if trip is purchased within 10 days of initial trip payment.
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption include bankruptcy, terrorism, severe weather, natural disasters, job loss and more.
- Includes up to $750 in emergency dental treatment.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional flight accident of $100,000, $250,000, or $500,000 can be added.
- Optional rental car collision protection up to $35,000 is available (not available in all countries).
- Optional ‘cancel for any reason’ available for up to 75% trip cost reimbursement if purchased within 10 days of trip deposit.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Many covered reasons for trip cancellation and trip interruption, including bankruptcy or default, pre-existing conditions, and more require early plan purchase (within 10 days of initial trip deposit).
- The AD&D limits are relatively low when compared to plans from other companies.
- Delay for missing baggage coverage reimbursement is relatively long (24 hours).
- Time limit for travel delay coverage reimbursement is relatively long (12 hours).
- Not all benefits or options available to residents of all U.S. states.