The Good:This coverage is available to travelers of any age and you can cover trips costing as much as $100,000 per person. Includes primary medical benefit coverage and trip cancellation for work reasons. Very high plan limits. It automatically includes ‘cancel for any reason’ coverage for up to 75% of trip costs if purchased early (within 15 days of initial trip deposit).
The Drawbacks: Only available for U.S. citizens.
The Bottom Line: This travel protection plan has high benefit limits and many extras are included in the base plan. It automatically includes ‘cancel for any reason’ coverage for up to 75% of trip costs if purchased within 15 days of initial trip deposit.
|Trip cancellation||100% of trip cost (maximum trip cost $100,000)|
|Trip interruption||200% of trip cost|
|Missed connections (3 hours or more)||$1,500|
|Travel delays (6 hours or more)||$200 per day/$1,000 maximum|
|Medical expenses||$250,000 (primary)|
|Emergency evacuations||$500,000 (non-medical emergency evacuations up to $25.000)|
|Baggage delay (12 hours or more)||$200 per day/$400 maximum|
|‘Cancel for any reason’||Up to 75% of non-refundable trip cost|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- High benefit limits for all coverage.
- ‘Cancel for any reason’ included in base plan for up to 75% of trip costs (purchase within 15 days of initial trip deposit). You must cancel your trip 2 days or more prior to your scheduled departure and insure 100% of travel costs subject to cancellation penalties or restrictions for this coverage.
- Cancel your trip for a covered reason up to the time of departure with trip cancellation in base plan.
- Includes emergency dental treatment due to injury up to $750.
- Includes return of minor children under age 18 if you are hospitalized more than 7 consecutive days.
- Includes bedside visit if you are hospitalized more than 7 consecutive days.
- Non-medical emergency evacuations are also covered with the evacuation benefit (conditions apply) up to $25,000.
- Hospital of choice evacuation coverage is included (subject to conditions) up to the plan maximum.
- Includes unique online medical record service through Global Xpi (use program code AR795C).
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption include revoked leave, required to work, mandatory evacuations, felonious assault, hurricanes and hurricane warnings, and more. Epidemics and pandemics are also included.
- Includes up to $150 for airline-imposed fees to re-deposit frequent flyer miles if you have to cancel your trip for a covered reason.
- Optional air flight AD&D for $100,000 ($10 per person), $250,000 ($25 per person), or $500,000 ($50 per person).
- Optional rental car damage for up to $35,000 ($7 per day).
- Optional Extended Personal Property just $15 per person for $1,000 additional electronic (cell phones, laptops, tablets, and PDSs).
- Optional Sports Upgrade Pac provides medical expenses if injured while participating in a covered sport plus $1,000 in equipment rental fees or non-refundable tickets, green fees, and or/lessons ($25 per person).
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- No coverage available for hazardous or adventure sports unless optional Sports Upgrade Pac is purchased.