The Good: This is a travel insurance protection plan for U.S. residents. Early purchase qualifies travelers for a pre-existing medical condition waiver. Includes primary medical benefits and trip cancellation for work reasons. Travelers can cover trips costing as much as $100,000.
The Drawbacks: Only available to residents of the U.S.
The Bottom Line: This is a travel protection plan with comfortable benefit limits and a number of desirable extras, including non-medical emergency evacuations, air flight and 24-hour AD&D benefits, and more. Purchase early (within 15 days of first trip deposit) to qualify for extra benefits.
|Trip cancellation||100% of trip cost (maximum trip cost $100,000)|
|Trip interruption||150% of trip cost|
|Missed connections (3 hours or more)||$1,500|
|Travel delays (6 hours or more)||$200 per day/$1,000 maximum|
|Medical expenses||$100,000 (primary)|
|Emergency evacuations||$500,000 (non-medical up to $25,000)|
|Baggage delay (12 hours or more)||$200 per day/$400 maximum|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Includes additional trip interruption benefits if you or your traveling companion must remain hospitalized: up to $200 per day in additional accommodation and transportation expenses up to five days.
- Medical care is primary and it includes emergency dental treatment due to injury up to $750.
- Cancel your trip for a covered reason up to the time of departure.
- Includes return of minor children under age 18 if you are hospitalized for more than 7 consecutive days.
- Includes bedside visit if you are hospitalized for more than 7 consecutive days.
- Non-medical emergency evacuations are also covered with the evacuation benefit (conditions apply) up to $25,000.
- Hospital of choice evacuation coverage is included (subject to conditions) up to the plan maximum.
- Includes unique online medical record service through Global Xpi (use program code AR795B).
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption include revoked leave, required to work, mandatory evacuations, felonious assault, hurricanes and hurricane warnings, and more. Pandemics and epidemics are also covered reasons.
- Includes automatic waiver for pre-existing conditions if the plan is purchased within 15 days of your initial trip deposit date.
- Includes automatic coverage for supplier bankruptcy and default.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional air flight AD&D for $100,000 ($10 per person), $250,000 ($25 per person), or $500,000 ($50 per person).
- Optional rental car damage for up to $35,000 ($7 per day).
- Optional Extended Personal Property just $15 per person for $1,000 additional electronics (cell phones, laptops, tablets, and PDAs).
- Optional Sports Upgrade Pac provides medical expenses if injured while participating in a covered sport plus $1,000 in equipment rental fees or non-refundable tickets, green fees, and or/lessons ($25 per person).
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- No coverage available for hazardous or adventure sports unless optional Sports Upgrade Pac is purchased.
- No option for ‘cancel for any reason’.