The Good: The Asset Plus plan includes all of the expected benefits travelers want in a package plan including â€˜cancel for any reasonâ€™ and primary medical benefits. Missed connection coverage has a short time frame – just 3 hours. Baggage loss benefits are high for a budget plan. Both 24-hour and flight accident AD&D are included. Pre-existing medical condition waiver and ‘cancel for any reason’ are included if purchased within 15 days of initial trip deposit.
The Drawbacks: Depending on your travel destination and the risks, the medical and evacuation coverage may not be enough. Only available to residents of the U.S.
The Bottom Line: This is an affordable travel protection plan for budget-minded travelers that includes many benefits and services found in more expensive plans, including online medical record access and comprehensive one-call travel assistance with business, concierge, and pre-trip services.
|Trip cancellation||100% of trip cost (maximum trip cost $50,000)|
|Trip interruption||125% of trip cost|
|Missed connections (3 hours or more)||$1,000|
|Travel delays (6 hours or more)||$150 per day/$750 maximum|
|Emergency medical evacuations||$500,000|
|Baggage delay (12 hours or more)||$250|
|‘Cancel for any reason’||Up to 75% of non-refundable trip cost|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Medical is primary and the plan includes emergency dental treatment due to injury up to $750.
- Covered reasons for cancellation, interruption, missed connections and travel delays include traffic accidents, transfer of employment, natural disasters, mechanical breakdown, terrorist attacks, strikes, inclement weather and more. Cancel your trip for a covered reason up to the time of departure.
- Includes ‘cancel for any reason’ for up to 75% of your nonrefundable trip costs if purchased within 15 days of your first trip payment. You must cancel your trip 2 days or more prior to your scheduled departure date and time and insure 100% of the trip costs subject to cancellation penalties or restrictions by the travel supplier.
- Includes additional trip interruption benefits if you or your traveling companion must remain hospitalized: up to $200 per day in additional accommodation and transportation expenses up to five days.
- Includes return of minor children under age 18 if you are hospitalized for more than 7 consecutive days.
- Includes bedside visit if you are hospitalized for more than 7 consecutive days.
- Hospital of choice evacuation coverage is included (subject to conditions) up to the plan maximum.
- Includes unique online medical record service through Global Xpi (use program code AR795P).
- SCUBA diving covered with diving certification from PADI or NAUI.
- Includes automatic waiver for pre-existing conditions if the plan is purchased within 15 days of your initial trip deposit date.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional air flight AD&D for $100,000 ($10 per person), $250,000 ($25 per person), or $500,000 ($50 per person).
- Optional rental car damage for up to $35,000 ($7 per day).
- Optional Extended Personal Property just $15 per person for $1,000 additional electronic (cell phones, laptops, tablets, and PDA devices)
- Optional Sports Upgrade Pac provides medical expenses if injured while participating in a covered sport plus $1,000 in equipment rental fees or non-refundable tickets, green fees, and or/lessons ($25 per person).
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- No coverage available for hazardous or adventure sports unless optional Sports Upgrade Pac is purchased.
- Coverage is limited to $10,000 per trip per person. Trip cost maximum is $50,000 per person.
- Available only to travelers age 65 and under.