The Good: A cost-conscious travel insurance plan that provides important and essential coverage for U.S. students traveling for international study programs up to 31, 60, 90, or 183 days. Available only to residents of the U.S. regardless of their citizenship and those taking domestic or international trips.
The Drawbacks: Coverage for most benefits is minimal when compared to other plans.
The Bottom Line: IMG is typically focused on travel medical, but this is a specialized travel insurance package plans re-packaged from iTravelInsured. It offers some basic travel insurance protections for students who are traveling for study.
|Trip cancellation||100% up to $10,000 maximum|
|Trip interruption||100% up to $5,000 maximum|
|Missed connections (8 hours or more)||25% of trip cancellation up to a $300 maximum|
|Travel delays (24 hours)||$75 per day/$300 maximum|
|Baggage delay (24 hours or more)||$50|
|AD&D||$5,000 (flight accident)|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption are inclusive of financial default, labor strikes, jury duty, cancelled leave, employer layoff, and more.
- Baggage loss benefit includes theft of check baggage or baggage stored within your hotel.
- Emergency travel assistance for replacing lost travel documents or prescriptions, emergency cash transfers, plus legal and medical referrals.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- No ‘cancel for any reason’ coverage available.
- Pre-existing conditions are not covered, but some may be covered with limits.
- Coverage for emergency medical, evacuation, and delayed baggage is minimal.
- No 24-hour AD&D available.