The Good: A premier offering from IMG, this package plan includes a good number of covered reasons for trip cancellations and interruptions. In addition, travel delays, enhanced baggage coverage, emergency medical treatment and evacuations are also covered. This is a package plan with comfortable limits for international and domestic vacations. This plan is re-packaged from iTravelInsured.
The Drawbacks: Available only to U.S. residents traveling at least 120 miles from home.
The Bottom Line: IMG is typically focused on travel medical, but this is one of their travel insurance package plans with premium benefits. It offers all the essential trip coverage expected, but no options are available to enhance the plan.
|Trip cancellation||100% ($30,000 maximum)|
|Missed connections (5 hours or more)||$750|
|Travel delays (6 hours or more)||$250 per day/$1,000 maximum|
|Baggage delay (12 hours or more)||$200|
|AD&D||$100,000 (flight accident)|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption are inclusive of financial default, labor strikes, jury duty, cancelled leave, employer layoff, and more.
- Travel delay coverage includes missed cruise departure, natural disasters, and more.
- Pre-existing medical conditions are covered provided the plan is purchased within 15 days of initial covered trip payment and on the date of purchase, the insured is medically able to travel.
- Baggage loss benefit includes theft of check baggage or baggage stored within your hotel.
- Includes emergency reunion up to $5,000 per insured person and return of mortal remains up to $3,000.
- An additional benefit of $250 is provided in the event of violent attack of the insured.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- No ‘cancel for any reason’ coverage or ‘cancel for work reasons’ coverage available.
- No car rental collision coverage available.