The Good: This plan offers good trip cancellation and interruption coverage as well as high medical and evacuation benefits, including automatic coverage for pre-existing medical conditions if plan is purchased prior to or within 24 hours of your final trip payment. Plan covers 100% of medical, surgical, inpatient, outpatient, and prescription drug costs when traveler is 100 miles or more away from home.
The Drawbacks: This plan requires travelers to have a primary health insurance plan, to be under age 85, and a resident of the U.S. Benefits limited for claims resulting from skiing or underwater diving.
The Bottom Line: Ideal coverage for U.S. travelers – even senior travelers – who care about their travel investment and want to protect themselves from unexpected financial losses due to emergency medical care.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $30,000)|
|Travel delays (6 hours or more)||$150 per day/$1,000 maximum|
|Baggage delay (24 hours or more)||$200|
|AD&D||$100,000 (flight accident)/$50,000 (24-hour)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Plan covers 100% of medical care with no deductible.
- Includes $250 per tooth up to $500 maximum for emergency dental care.
- Includes bedside visit costs up to $1,500 if traveler is hospitalized or in critical condition.
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption are injury and illness, acts of terrorism, natural disasters, financial default and more.
- Includes an additional $25 reimbursement to expedite the recovery of wayward baggage.
- Includes 24-hour global health and safety resources, including destination health and security information, HTH drug translation guide, news alerts, and more.
- Includes emergency travel assistance services including cash transfers, replacement medication, embassy services, translation services, concierge services, and more.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Pre-existing medical conditions covered up to plan limits if purchased prior to or within 24 hours of final trip payment.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Repatriation limited to $25,000
- Claims resulting from downhill skiing or SCUBA diving limited to $10,000.
- Baggage delay protection is low and the time frame is relatively long (24 hours) when compared to other package plans.