The Good: This plan offers plenty of medical and evacuation coverage, and the missed connection, travel delay, and baggage limits are good. Round out the plan with optional â€˜cancel for any reasonâ€™ to ensure complete travel insurance protection.
The Drawbacks: No car rental coverage is available, and no 24-hour AD&D.
The Bottom Line: This plan has excellent benefits with comfortable limits for the various coverages.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $50,000)|
|Travel delays (8 hours or more)||$200 per day/$1,000 maximum|
|Baggage delay (12 hours or more)||$200 per day/$400 maximum|
|AD&D||$50,000 (flight accident)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Plan includes non medical emergency evacuation coverage up to $25,000 with hospital of choice (conditions apply).
- The baggage delay benefit is unique in that is provides $200 after the first 12 hours a bag is missing and another $200 the second day.
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption include natural disaster, burglary, traffic accident, mechanical breakdown (common carrier, jury duty and more.
- Includes One Call Worldwide Travel Services for pre-trip travel services and 24-hour travel emergencies, concierge services, and business services.
- Includes secure access to an online patient medical records through Global Xpi.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional â€˜cancel for any reasonâ€™ benefit for up to 100% of trip costs (subject to penalty schedule) if purchased within 15 days of initial trip deposit. See the penalty schedule.
- Automatic pre-existing condition waiver if plan is purchased within 15 days of initial trip deposit.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- No car rental collision coverage is available.
- No 24-hour AD&D available.