The Good: This plan offers plenty of medical and evacuation coverage, and the missed connection, travel delay, and baggage limits are good. Round out the plan with optional ‘cancel for any reason’ to ensure complete travel insurance protection.
The Drawbacks: No car rental coverage is available, and no 24-hour AD&D.
The Bottom Line: This plan has excellent benefits with comfortable limits for the various coverages.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $50,000)|
|Travel delays (8 hours or more)||$200 per day/$1,000 maximum|
|Baggage delay (12 hours or more)||$200 per day/$400 maximum|
|AD&D||$50,000 (flight accident)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Plan includes non medical emergency evacuation coverage up to $25,000 with hospital of choice (conditions apply).
- The baggage delay benefit is unique in that is provides $200 after the first 12 hours a bag is missing and another $200 the second day.
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption include natural disaster, burglary, traffic accident, mechanical breakdown (common carrier, jury duty and more.
- Includes One Call Worldwide Travel Services for pre-trip travel services and 24-hour travel emergencies, concierge services, and business services.
- Includes secure access to an online patient medical records through Global Xpi.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional ‘cancel for any reason’ benefit for up to 100% of trip costs (subject to penalty schedule) if purchased within 15 days of initial trip deposit. See the penalty schedule.
- Automatic pre-existing condition waiver if plan is purchased within 15 days of initial trip deposit.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- No car rental collision coverage is available.
- No 24-hour AD&D available.