The Good: Designed for the budget-conscious traveler, this plan offers good limits on all the expected coverage: cancellation, interruption, medical, evacuation, travel delay, baggage loss and more. The pre-existing condition exclusion is waived if the plan is purchased within 15 days of initial trip deposit.
The Drawbacks: No car rental coverage, 24-hour AD&D, or ‘cancel for any reason’ is available with this plan.
The Bottom Line: This is a good all-round travel insurance plan that covers the basic risks of travel with good limits.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $50,000)|
|Travel delays (8 hours or more)||$100 per day/$500 maximum|
|AD&D||$25,000 (flight accident)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- With the baggage benefit, a maximum of $50 will be paid for the cost of replacing a lost or stolen passport or visa.
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption include natural disaster, burglary, traffic accident, mechanical breakdown (common carrier, jury duty and more.
- Includes One Call Worldwide Travel Services for pre-trip travel services and 24-hour travel emergencies, concierge services, and business services.
- Includes secure access to an online patient medical records through Global Xpi.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- The exclusion for pre-existing medical conditions is waived if this plan is purchased within 15 days of initial trip deposit.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Trips must cost less than $15,000 and be less than 30 days long.
- No available car rental coverage.
- No ‘cancel for any reason’ benefit available.
- No 24-hour AD&D available.