The Good: This CSA plan includes all the basics, plus some extras like identity theft resolutions services and concierge services, which are not always included in a travel protection plan. Additional features include 24-hour emergency services enhanced with Consult a Doctor, which lets you speak with a doctor about health concerns while on your trip. CSA also covers the actual cash value it lost or stolen items under their baggage coverage.
The Drawbacks: No coverage for pre-existing conditions is available. Must be a resident of the U.S.
The Bottom Line: This CSA plan is budget-minded and family friendly, yet it includes all the travel insurance coverages typically expected – and at comfortable limits. Cancellations due to school year extensions can beÂ covered.
|Coverage||Maximum Benefit Limit *|
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $40,000)|
|Missed connections (3 hours or more)||$500|
|Travel delays (6 hours or more)||$150 per day/$1,000 maximum|
|Medical and dental expenses||$50,000|
|Baggage delay (24 hours or more)||$200|
|AD&D||$50,000 (air flight accident)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes (provided by CSA’s dedicated service partner)|
* Limits above are per-person. Plan limits also apply.
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption include common carrier delays and/or cancellations resulting from adverse weather, mechanical breakdown of the aircraft, ship, boat, or motor coach you were scheduled to travel on, organized labor strikes that affect public transportation in addition to mandatory evacuations, terrorist acts, layoffs, and more.
- The medical and evacuation limits are comfortable and should cover what a traveler needs.
- Coverage for loss due to unauthorized use of your credit cards can becovered under the baggage benefit.
- Coverage for travel delays is relatively high and includes hotel accommodations, meals, telephone calls and local transportation.
- Emergency assistance services include medical referrals, emergency cash transfers, vehicle and pet return, among others.
- Missed connection and travel delay time frames are relatively short and the coverage amounts are comfortable compared to other plans.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional rental car damage coverage for just $9 a day.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- No coverage for pre-existing medical conditions and a long look-back period (180 days).
- No 24-hour AD&D available.