The Good: This plan provides top-notch coverage with generous plan maximums, and a lot of features like identity theft, concierge services, and consult a doctor services. If the insured meets the pre-existing medical conditions requirements, the exclusion does not apply. CSA also covers the actual cash value it lost or stolen items under their baggage coverage.
The Drawbacks: The only drawback is that baggage must be delayed 24 hours before you can receive financial assistance. Must be a resident of the U.S.
The Bottom Line: CSA Travel Protection offers this as their high-end, full coverage package travel insurance plan and it’s coverage is inclusive of many protections travelers find helpful when they find themselves in a sticky travel situation. CSA may have a limited set of plans, but that makes choosing quick and easy.
|Coverage||Maximum Benefit Limit *|
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $40,000)|
|Missed connections (3 hours or more)||$1,000|
|Travel delays (6 hours or more)||$150 per day/$1,000 maximum|
|Baggage delay (24 hours or more)||$500|
|AD&D||$100,000 (flight accident)/$50,000 (24-hour)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes (provided by CSA’s designated service provider)|
* Limits above are per-person. Plan limits also apply.
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation and interruption include common carrier delays and/or cancellations resulting from adverse weather, mechanical breakdown of the aircraft, ship, boat, or motor coach you were scheduled to travel on, organized labor strikes that affect public transportation in addition to mandatory evacuations, terrorist acts, layoffs, and more.
- This plan includes AD&D in the base plan at comfortable levels.
- The medical and dental as well as the evacuation coverage limits are generous.
- Coverage for loss due to unauthorized use of your credit cards can be covered under the baggage benefit.
- Coverage for travel delays is relatively high and includes hotel accommodations, meals, telephone calls and local transportation.
- Emergency assistance services include medical referrals, emergency cash transfers, vehicle and pet return, among others.
- Missed connection and travel delay time frames are relatively short and the coverage amounts are comfortable compared to other plans.
- Rental car collision coverage is included in the base plan, as is supplier default and pre-existing conditions (purchase time frames apply).
- This plan includes $25 additional expense reimbursement for expediting the return of delayed luggage.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional ‘cancel for any reason’ coverage is available at initial plan deposit.