The Good: This plan covers inpatient and outpatient emergency medical treatment and emergency medical transportation. Available to non U.S. citizens who come to the U.S. for business, leisure, education, or immigration, this plan must be in effect within the first year of arrival.
The Drawbacks: This plan is not a major medical plan, so no routine care is covered, and it does have age limits.
The Bottom Line: For the student, business traveler, or immigrant to the U.S., this plan provides basic emergency medical coverage and protects the traveler from high unexpected medical costs for one full year (12 months). Itâ€™s important to note that this travel medical plan is a repackaged plan from Seven Corners.
|Medical expenses||$50,000-$250,000 ($50-$250 deductible)|
|Flight accident AD&D||$25,000|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- The traveler can choose a higher deductible for a reduced premium.
- The plan limits are per injury or illness.
- Coverage for mental and nervous disorders and substance abuse is treated the same as any illness (and subject to the plan limits).
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage.
- No coverage for pre-existing conditions, routine or elective medical care, prescription eye glasses or contacts, hearing exams, and more.
- Plan has age limits and will not cover those less than two weeks old.
- Coverage for those age 50-69 is slightly more costly, and coverage limits for those 70 and older is reduced.