The Good: Flexible and affordable flight accident protection with medical and evacuation benefits, and more. Packages available for single trips or as an annual package, and a flight-only plan option is also available. Includes comprehensive travel assistance and concierge services, and pre-existing conditions are automatically covered.
The Drawbacks: A number of conditions exist for residents of many states, so it’s important to read the state exception details in the description of coverage.
The Bottom Line: This is broad flight accident, medical, and evacuation coverage with a few extras for trips of 180 days or less offered by an A+ rated travel insurance company. This is excellent, affordable coverage for travelers who are primarily concerned about travel accidents and want a little extra medical and life protection on their trips.
|Flight accident AD&D||$300,000, $500,000, or $1,000,000|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Includes $10,000 in 24-hour AD&D in addition to generous flight AD&D benefits.
- Choose your flight accident benefit from $300,000, $500,000, or $1,000,000.
- Pre-existing condition waiver is automatically included.
- Medical coverage is primary and includes $750 for emergency dental treatment.
- Advance payments will be made to a hospital if required to secure admission.
- Includes baggage delay benefits of $500 and baggage loss benefits of $2,000.
- Extensive travel assistance services, including business services and concierge services as well as emergency cash transfers and more.
- Purchase for a single trip or as an annual plan – flight-only option is also available at very affordable prices.
- Easy to understand pricing.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- This is not a full-featured package plan, but one focused almost entirely on travel accidents and medical emergencies.
- There are no optional riders for adventure sports or hazardous activities.
- There are conditions and exceptions for residents of many U.S. states that you should understand before purchasing.
- Available only to U.S. citizens.