The Good: This is flexible, renewable international medical insurance for those traveling abroad. You choose the medical and evacuation limits to match your destination. Includes options for hazardous activities and easy online renewal is available. Ideal for single trips from 15 days up to 4 years. Plan includes some handy package-like benefits and itâ€™s renewable online.
The Drawbacks: No flight accident coverage and the dental benefits are severely limited. Not all coverage is available in all plan levels. Plan not available to citizens of all U.S. states.
The Bottom Line: Affordable medical expense and emergency medical evacuation coverage for individuals traveling outside their home country. With eight deductible options and three plan levels, travelers are sure to find the right coverage for their needs.
|Medical expenses||$100,000 – $1,000,000|
|Emergency evacuations||$100,000 or $500,000|
|Repatriation||$20,000 or $50,000|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Includes $25,000 or $50,000 in 24-hour AD&D in base plan.
- Includes emergency medical reunion reimbursement up to $10,000.
- Includes some package-like benefits too: $5,000 in trip interruption coverage, $250 or $500 in lost baggage reimbursement, and $500 reimbursement for stolen passports.
- Includes a felonious assault benefit (not in the Lite level) for up to 100% of the maximum AD&D amount if the traveler suffers bodily injury as a result of forced attack.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional hazardous activities coverage is available (not in the Lite level).
- Optional additional AD&D for up to $1,000,000 in term life benefits (not in the Lite level).
- Additional accident and sickness medical for travelers over the age of 70 to enhance the medical limits, which are reduced at those ages.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- Dental coverage is a relatively limited benefit and not available at all in the Lite level.
- No flight accident coverage.
- Medical limits reduce when traveler reaches age 70 (consider the medical upgrade).