The Good: Travel medical insurance on an annual basis for the frequent traveler. This plan covers any number of trips up to 90 days each throughout an entire year. Choose combined medical and evacuation coverage or purchase standalone medical evacuation instead. Options for hazardous activities are available. Ideal for U.S. citizens who frequently travel outside their health care network for business or leisure.
The Drawbacks: Plan is not available to citizens of all U.S. states or non U.S. citizens. No coverage for emergency dental treatment or pre-existing medical conditions.
The Bottom Line: Plan is offered at three levels and includes a number of useful package-like benefits to fill out the coverage. This is a highly flexible plan with adjustable plan limit options, so you can customize it to fit your needs and budget.
|Medical expenses||$5,000 – $500,000|
|Emergency evacuations||$25,000 – $500,000|
|Flight accident AD&D||$100,000 – $500,000|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- No deductibles or coinsurance with this plan – it covers 100% of medical expenses.
- Includes a number of package-like benefits, including $1,000 for lost baggage, $500 for delayed baggage, and $100 per day (up to a $500 maximum) for travel delays.
- Includes $25,000 – $500,000 in 24-hour AD&D in base plan (choose your benefit limit).
- Includes emergency beside visit reimbursement if the insured is hospitalized due to a bodily injury or illness.
- Includes enhanced travel assistance services for restaurant referrals, ground transportation, tee times, and more.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Hazardous activity upgrade available for a set 10% additional cost.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- The sickness benefit is eliminated from the medical coverage on domestic trips.
- No coverage for emergency dental care or pre-existing medical conditions is available.