The Good: This is low cost international medical insurance for shorter trips. Includes coverage for some adventure activities, including skiing and SCUBA diving. This is single-trip coverage for people traveling outside the U.S. for trips up to one year in length. Choose from two levels of coverage and add up to $400,000 in AD&D to round out the coverage. Emergency travel assistance services also included.
The Drawbacks: No coverage for pre-existing conditions or emergency dental care. Not available to citizens of all U.S. states.
The Bottom Line: Best for healthy travelers, this plan covers injuries and illnesses when you, your spouse, or your children require medical treatment, this plan provides international medical coverage for vacations, getaways, and even business travel. Offered at two levels, you can choose the plan that best suits your needs.
|Medical expenses||$25,000 or $100,000 ($50 deductible)|
|Emergency evacuations||$50,000 or $75,000|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Choose the plan limits that meet your travel needs.
- Includes $10,000 or $100,000 in 24-hour AD&D in base plan.
- Plan covers spouse and children as well.
- Includes bedside visit coverage up to $1,500 if the traveler is hospitalized.
- Includes escort of minor children under 18 home if the traveler is hospitalized.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional AD&D for up to $400,000 in additional term life benefits.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- No coverage for emergency dental care or flight accidents.
- Base plan AD&D is relatively low when compared to other plans (consider the optional upgrade if necessary).
- Repatriation costs are relatively low and may not be enough depending on where the traveler is traveling.
- No option to purchase a pre-existing medical condition waiver.