The Good: An excellent, low-cost enhancement to an employee benefits package covering the gaps in an employee’s coverage when they travel worldwide. Flexible plans to accommodate your needs with once-a-year premiums. Available to U.S. companies of 3 – 100 employees, but larger companies can contact for special pricing. Very affordable pricing based on the amount of travel each employee does.
The Drawbacks: Not available to residents of all U.S. states. No coverage for pre-existing medical conditions.
The Bottom Line: Travel is increasingly common in today’s workplace, and this is good employer-sponsored protection for traveling employees in three different plan classes with highly affordable annual pricing.
|Medical expenses||$25,000 ($50 deductible)|
|Emergency evacuations||$25,000 or $50,000|
|Repatriation||$5,000 or $10,000|
|Flight accident AD&D||$10,000, $25,000, or $50,000|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Designed for executives and employees who travel within or outside the U.S. to cover out-of-network emergency medical and evacuations, in addition to repatriation if the employee dies on a trip.
- Includes 24-hour worldwide assistance services for travel and emergency medical help.
- Affordable annual premiums based on the employee’s amount of travel – international, multiple U.S.-based trips each year, or minimal travel.
- Easy to understand pricing made available right on the plan description page.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Accidents, injuries, and illnesses must occur when the employee is at least 100 miles from home to be covered.
- No coverage for pre-existing medical conditions.