The Good: Ideal for frequent travelers who want evacuation and medical coverage when outside their home country. Covers all trips of 30 days or less throughout the year. Includes a few package-like benefits like lost luggage, trip interruption, and travel assistance services.
The Drawbacks: Coverage limits are reduced after age 80 and coinsurance applies to treatment received within the U.S. and Canada.
The Bottom Line: Annual travel medical and evacuation insurance protecting travelers when they travel outside their home country. Best for frequent travelers who want consistent coverage for all their trips.
|Evacuation and repatriation||$300,000|
|Medical expenses||$60,000 – $1,000,000|
|Dental expenses||$100 ($500 for accidents)|
|AD&D||$50,000 (24-hour)/$100,000 (common carrier)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Follow me home coverage for up to $5,000 for conditions that are diagnosed and treated initially outside your home country.
- Includes $50,000 in emergency reunion and $50,000 for return of minor children.
- Includes package benefits like loss of checked luggage up to $250.
- Trip interruption up to $5,000 in case of an immediate family member’s death or natural disaster.
- Felonious assault benefit of $10,000 for injuries incurred outside your home country.
- Coverage for terrorism up to the selected medical maximum.
- Waiver for pre-existing conditions up to $20,000 for U.S. citizens.
- Hospital indemnity for up to $200 per day (up to a $3,000 maximum) for foreign nationals admitted to the hospital for a heart attack or stroke.
- Security evacuations include being expelled from a host country.
- Plan costs are easy to find and understand (right in the plan brochure).
- Includes access to WellAbroad, an online resource for medical, political, and cultural information, text message alerts, provider directory, and forms.
- Travel assistance services include pre-trip assistance, medical assistance during your trip, concierge services, and identity theft restoration services.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional hazardous sports coverage for motorcycle or scooter riding, hang gliding, parachuting and more.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Security evacuations must occur within ten days of a political or military event.
- Pre-notification required for any medical treatment in the U.S. and abroad.
- Coverage limits reduced after age 80.
- Coinsurance applies for medical care received inside the U.S. and Canada.