The Good: Ideal for U.S. citizens and foreign national spending at least one year and up to three years outside the U.S. and Canada who want U.S.-style medical coverage on their trip. Multiple upgrades are available. A maximum of three deductible payments for families makes this ideal for those traveling with children.
The Drawbacks: Minimum one-year purchase and the insured cannot be older than 75 or staying inside the U.S. for more than six months of a 12-month period. The plan deductibles are relatively high and co-insurance applies to expenses incurred within the United States and Canada.
The Bottom Line: This is comprehensive worldwide medical coverage with your choice of deductibles for individuals and families traveling outside the U.S. and Canada for at least one year. Provides U.S.-style medical coverage anywhere in the world.
|Medical expenses||$5,000,000 ($250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, or $5,000 deductible)|
|Emergency dental||$100 ($500 for accidents)|
|AD&D||$10,000 (24-hour)/$40,000 (common carrier)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Hospital indemnity up to $50 per day.
- Includes coverage for pregnancy and newborn care (12-month waiting period applies).
- Includes well child care benefits as well as mental and nervous benefits (12-month waiting period applies).
- Includes preventative health care benefits for routine physical exams (12-month waiting period applies) and more.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional additional AD&D available for up to $500,000.
- Optional dental rider for worldwide dental benefits available.
- Optional sports rider for hazardous activities like mountaineering, hang gliding, and more.
- Optional additional hospital indemnity for up to $150 per day.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- The waiting period for many non emergency benefits is a full 12 months.
- The deductibles are relatively high when compared to other plans and coinsurance applies to treatment received inside the U.S. and Canada.
- AD&D benefit plan limits are reduced for dependent children.
- Individual benefits such as lab tests, emergency room, etc. have defined limits.
- Pre-notification penalties apply.
- No coverage for pre-existing medical conditions.
- Insureds cannot be inside the U.S. for more than six months of a 12-month period.