The Good: This plan offers worldwide medical and evacuation coverage for U.S. citizens and foreign nationals coming to the States. Trips between five days and up to three years can be accommodated with continuous policy renewal for those age 65 and younger (over 65 limited to 12 months of coverage).
The Drawbacks: Coverage not available in all countries. Coverage limit for AD&D is relatively limited when compared to other plans. Waiver of pre-existing medical conditions is limited to U.S. and Canadian residents only and reduced plan limits apply.
The Bottom Line: Comprehensive annual major medical insurance for U.S. citizens traveling outside their home country and foreign nationals visiting the U.S.
|Medical expenses||$50,000 – $500,000 ($0 – $2,500 deductible)|
|Emergency dental||$100 ($500 for accidents)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Choose your medical maximum and deductibles.
- Includes hospital indemnity of up to $150 per night for a maximum of 30 days.
- Includes return of minor children and emergency reunion benefits of $50,000 each (a daily limit of $200 applies to emergency medical reunion benefits).
- Includes lost and delayed luggage benefits of up to $250 (bag delay must be at least 24 hours).
- Trip interruptions are covered up to $5,000 if you have to return home due to the death of an immediate family member or natural disaster causing serious damage to your principal residence.
- Incidental trips to your home country are covered up to $50,000 with a home extension of benefits up to $5,000.
- Some pre-existing medical condition coverage up to $20,000.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Hazardous sports coverage for hang gliding, water skiing, snowmobiling, and more available as a separate rider.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Coverage for pre-existing medical conditions is limited to U.S. residents and at a reduced plan limit.
- AD&D limit is relatively low when compared to other plans and further reduced for dependent children.
- Coinsurance (80% after deductible to first $5,000) applies to non U.S. citizens traveling to the U.S.
- Age 65 and over are limited to one full year of coverage.