The Good: Travel medical insurance for U.S. seniors traveling abroad. Covers trips of five days up to 12 months and includes discounted premiums for dependent children and grandchildren. Available to those at least 50 years of age and includes some package-like benefits as well.
The Drawbacks: Pre-existing medical condition coverage limit is very low.
The Bottom Line:Even for healthy and active seniors, travel medical insurance is a must – especially when traveling abroad. This plan covers individuals and families protecting them from the high cost of global medical care. It offers a few package-like benefits as well.
|Medical expenses||$60,000 – $1,000,000 * ($0 – $2,500 deductible)|
|Emergency dental||$100 ($500 for accidents)|
|AD&D||$50,000 (24-hour)/$100,000 (common carrier)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
* Medical maximum for those 80 and over limited to $25,000
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Choose your medical maximum and a deductible that works for your budget and travel plans.
- Easy to find rates and options, available right in the plan brochures.
- Incidental trips back home covered up to $50,000, and follow me home coverage to extend coverage upon return up to $5,000.
- Includes political evacuations and return of minor children and/or grandchildren.
- Includes $10,000 in benefits for losses due to felonious assault.
- Hospital indemnity up to $300 per night (30 days maximum).
- Losses due to terrorism covered as usual and customary.
- Trip interruption reimbursement up to $5,000. Covered reasons include death or hospitalization of an immediate family member or serious damage to your principal residence.
- Lost luggage coverage up to $250.
- Includes access to Well Abroad, a travel resource with text message alerts, provider network, and other helpful tools for successful travel abroad.
- Travel assistance services include prescription drug coordination, identity theft services, and more.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Hazardous sports activity coverage for motorcycle and scooter riding, skiing, bungee jumping, and more.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Dental coverage only available to programs purchased for at least 30 days.
- Pre-existing medical condition coverage is limited to $5,000