The Good: This is relatively high coverage for most of the plan benefits and the plan includes some package-like benefits that smooth out travel-related disruptions. Extend your coverage to your home country for illnesses and injuries incurred while traveling.
The Drawbacks: Not available to residents of all U.S. states. Coverage limit for AD&D is relatively limited when compared to other plans. Waiver of pre-existing medical conditions is limited to U.S. and Canadian residents only and reduced plan limits apply.
The Bottom Line: This is short-term major medical insurance designed for travelers who will be away from their permanent residence for 180 days or less. This plan pays for new illnesses and injuries based on the area in which you are being treated.
|Medical expenses||$50,000 – $1,000,000 * ($0 – $2,500 deductible)|
|Emergency dental||$100 ($500 for accidents)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
* Maximum limited to $15,000 for age 80 and over.
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Choose your medical maximum and deductibles.
- Includes hospital indemnity of up to $150 per night for a maximum of 30 days.
- Includes return of minor children and emergency reunion benefits of $50,000 each (a daily limit of $200 applies to emergency medical reunion benefits).
- Includes lost luggage benefits of up to $250.
- Trip interruptions are covered up to $5,000 if you have to return home due to the death of an immediate family member or natural disaster causing serious damage to your principal residence.
- Incidental trips to your home country are covered up to $50,000 with a home extension of benefits up to $5,000.
- Coverage for pre-existing medical conditions available to U.S. and Canadian citizens up to $20,000 (up to $2,500 for those over age 65).
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Hazardous sports coverage for hang gliding, water skiing, snowmobiling, and more available as a separate rider.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Coinsurance (80% after deductible to first $5,000) applies to non U.S. citizens traveling to the U.S.
- Coverage for pre-existing medical conditions is limited in citizenship and plan limits.
- Relatively limited AD&D payout when compared to other plans.