The Good: Proper health insurance coverage to protect those immigrating to the U.S., this plan protects individuals and families from the costs associated with medical emergencies, accidents, and illnesses. Available to non U.S. citizens who come to the U.S. for business, school, or to immigrate.
The Drawbacks: The program must be in effect within the first 24 months of your arrival in the U.S. No coverage for pre-existing medical conditions. Limited to non U.S. citizens.
The Bottom Line: An affordable yet comprehensive medical insurance program for recent immigrants to the U.S. providing up to five years of medical protection.
|Medical expenses||$50,000 or $100,000 * ($75 or $150 deductible)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
* $50,000 for those age 70 and over ($125 or $250 deductible)
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Offered at two plan levels with a separate over-70 plan, this coverage provides for hospital expenses, surgical expenses, ambulance services, prescription drugs and more.
- Incidental trips to your home country up to 30 days per 12 months of coverage.
- Insured persons may travel to additional international countries for up to 30 days.
- No coinsurance applies.
- Plan includes some coverage for maternity as long as conception occurs at least 90 days after the planâ€™s effective date.
- Evacuations are to the nearest hospital or medical facility (not to the insuredâ€™s home country); repatriations are to the insuredâ€™s home country.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- Plan maximums reduced to $50,000 for illness or injury occurring during a trip to your home country.
- Limited coverage for those age 70 and older.
- Individual benefits such as surgical treatment, prescription drugs, etc. covered at specified plan limits.
- No coverage for pre-existing conditions (six month look-back period).