The Good: Medical protection for international missionaries with scheduled benefits and the addition of political evacuation benefits and full coverage for terrorism. Coverage for as little as five days up to a maximum of 12 months. Available to citizens of all nations as long as they are traveling outside their home country.
The Drawbacks: Limited pre-existing condition coverage at minimal plan limits.
The Bottom Line: This coverage is intended for the healthy missionary traveler working outside their home country for up to a year. Provides the added reassurance of political evacuation benefits and full medical coverage for terrorist acts.
|Medical expenses||$50,000 – $130,000|
|AD&D||$25,000 (common carrier)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Total period of coverage cannot exceed 12 months (to reapply, you must return to your home country first).
- Plan is offered in multiple plan levels, with separate levels for those ages 70 to 99, and increasing plan limits for each.
- Terrorism is covered as any other illness in all plan levels.
- Includes political evacuations and repatriation up to $10,000. Evacuations must occur within ten days of a political or military event.
- Includes emergency medical reunion coverage up to $10,000.
- Includes furlough coverage for trips to your home country (90 days per 12 months of purchased coverage).
- Includes coverage for return of minor children (under age 19) up to $10,000.
- Felonious assault coverage up to $10,000 if attacked outside your home country.
- Plan provides access to Well Abroad, an online travel resource for political and medical information on your trip.
- Plan rates are easy to find and listed right in the plan brochure.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional pre-existing condition coverage for up to $3,000 in medical coverage.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Coverage for pre-existing medical conditions is limited to heart attack and stroke and the plan limits are low.