The Good: Designed for environmentally conscious international travelers who want eco-friendly benefits with their short-term travel medical insurance. A portion of the plan purchase price is used to secure carbon credits or to make a donation to an environmental organization to offset your travel carbon footprint. Available for both U.S. and non U.S. citizens, individuals and families, this plan includes benefits such as carbon offset donations and paperless invoicing along with travel medical and AD&D.
The Drawbacks: Coverage for pre-existing conditions and injuries or illnesses due to terrorist acts is limited.
The Bottom Line: Offered by a trusted and reliable travel medical provider, this plan allows green travelers to seek medical treatment from any hospital or doctor, while supporting responsible tourism and sustainability.
|Medical expenses||$50,000 – $2,000,000|
|Emergency dental||Up to plan limit ($100 for sudden pain)|
|Flight accident AD&D||$50,000|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Plan can be purchased at daily and monthly rates for a minimum of five days up to two years of coverage.
- Plan includes 24-hour AD&D ($25,000) in addition to common carrier AD&D and another $5,000 to be donated on your behalf to an environmental organization.
- Trip interruption coverage up to $5,000.
- Lost luggage benefits up to $250.
- Identity theft assistance up to $500 for loan fees, unexpected charges, and additional expenses to restore your identity.
- Benefit period can be extended if a covered injury or illness requires continued treatment after the original coverage period expires.
- Extend your home country coverage one additional month for every five months of continuous coverage up to a maximum of two months.
- Choose your deductible from $0 to $2,500 based on your budget and travel needs.
- Incidental home country trips up to two weeks cumulative are covered.
- Additional natural disaster coverage up to $100 per day for five days is provided in the event the insured is ordered to evacuate by local authorities in preparation for a natural disaster.
- Universal prescription discount program is available with this plan for reduced-cost prescription medicines.
- Register for IMG’s unique online support service, MyIMGSM, for access to local medical providers, explanation of benefits, status of claims, ID cards, review certificate documents online, and more.
- Hospital indemnity coverage for up to $100 per night.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional eco sports rider available for those age 65 and younger to cover adventure activities like hang gliding, heli-skiing, hot-air ballooning, rock climbing and more up to a $50,000 maximum (reduced for those older than 50).
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Terrorism coverage is capped at a $50,000 lifetime maximum.
- Coverage for sudden recurrence of a pre-existing condition is limited to $15,000 for medical and $25,000 for evacuation.