The Good: Designed for executives under age 76 who log a lot of miles outside their home country. This plan offers the ease of a single annual plan with an affordable premium and excellent coverage. Spouses and children – even groups of executives (at least five) – can be covered as well. Two formats are available: one for U.S. citizens and one for non U.S. citizens.
The Drawbacks: Coverage for pre-existing conditions is significantly limited (only $5,000). This coverage requires the insured to be covered by a plan back home. No political evacuation is available for trips to a country that has had a travel advisory in the last six months.
The Bottom Line: This is a good short-term medical plan with excellent plan limits for business executives who take many trips outside their home country. This plan offers great features from a reliable company and it includes a few extras that can help make an executive’s life on the road a little easier.
|Emergency dental||Up to plan maximum ($100 for sudden pain)|
|Emergency evacuations||Up to plan maximum, $1,000,000|
|Flight accident AD&D||$50,000|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Plan includes political evacuations up to $10,000 and additional 24-hour AD&D up to $25,000.
- Plan has a $250 deductible that is waived for covered accident claims.
- Spouses and children can be covered by this plan as well (at reduced plan limits) and groups of executives can be covered (a minimum of five is required).
- The generous evacuation maximum ensures a seriously injured or ill executive can get to the nearest qualified medical facility (and then back home or on the road again).
- Plan includes identity theft assistance up to $500 for incidental expenses and fees to restore your identity.
- Trip interruption coverage is available up to $5,000 in base plan and lost or stolen luggage is covered up to $250.
- Plan includes emergency reunion (up to $15,000) and return of minor children (up to $5,000) if insured is hospitalized.
- Register for IMG’s online support service, MyIMGSM, for access to providers, explanation of benefits, status of claims, ID cards, certificate documents, and more.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Maximum limit for executives 70-75 is just $50,000.
- Injury and illness for terrorist acts is limited to $50,000.