The Good: Long-term, employer-sponsored emergency medical coverage for mission groups of two or more and their dependents. Worldwide medical coverage with high maximums and options for life, dental and evacuation benefits. This plan provides continuous coverage while overseas or back in the U.S. on furlough.
The Drawbacks: Requires two or more international missionaries. Plan has limited benefits outside emergency medical care – no repatriation, evacuation, or AD&D in the base plan. Wellness care is limited, as is coverage for pre-existing medical conditions.
The Bottom Line: Offered by an experienced and reliable travel medical insurance provider, this plan offers essential medical benefits, comprehensive global assistance services, and direct billing to overseas providers. It does not provide a lot of extras in the base plan, nor any coverage for travel risks outside medical care.
* Can be increased to $5,000,000
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Wellness benefit covers you and your spouse for physical exams and mammograms every 24 months.
- Plan includes physical therapy benefits ($50 maximum per visit) and chiropractic care (up to $500 maximum per year, reimbursable at 50%).
- Coinsurance required for eligible expenses incurred in the U.S. and Canada. The plan pays 80% up to the first $5,000 after the deductible is paid and 100% after up to the plan maximum.
- Plan provides for mental and nervous disorders (50% reimbursement, limited visits per calendar year).
- Plan provides a number of emergency travel assistance services, including lost luggage tracking, prescription replacement, medical referrals, emergency cash transfer, legal referrals and more.
- Plan includes hospice benefit up to $7,000 per insured.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional emergency evacuation coverage up to $75,000. Includes up to $15,000 for emergency reunion and up to $5,000 for repatriation.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- No evacuation, AD&D, or repatriation is offered in the base plan.
- Wellness care requires traveler to be insured for at least 24 months and be at least age 35 if female and 40 if male.
- Plan includes a 20% penalty if pre-certification requirements are not met.
- Pre-existing medical conditions coverage is limited.