The Good: This is an employer-sponsored benefit plan for groups of 3 or more. Comprehensive medical insurance for marine crew with continuous coverage worldwide. Medical care for SCUBA s covered as any other illness, and the plan provides coverage for amateur sailboat racing as well.
The Drawbacks: No pre-existing condition coverage or AD&D.
The Bottom Line: Designed to provide comprehensive medical insurance to groups of marine crew members. With worldwide coverage, including country of citizenship, this is employer-sponsored group coverage for crew members working at sea.
|Emergency evacuations||Up to plan maximum|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Medical care due to recreational SCUBA is covered as any other illness.
- Wellness care up to $250 per period of coverage – not subject to deductible or coinsurance.
- Chiropractic care (when referred by a physician) is covered up as any other illness. Without physician referral, it’s covered up to $25 per visit with a maximum of 20 visits per period of coverage (not subject to coinsurance or deductible).
- Physical therapy covered up to $50 per visit.
- Amateur sailboat racing covered up to $50,000 lifetime and $10,000 per period of coverage subject to deductible of $2,500.
- Mental care up to $10,000 per period of coverage and $50,000 lifetime.
- Maternity and newborn care up to the policy maximum after 12 months of continuous coverage.
- Enroll in MyIMGSM, an online service that lets you access plan information and manage your accounts, request ID cards, initiate pre-certification, and more.
- Supplemental accident up to $300 for each accidental injury – not subject to deductible or coinsurance.
- Emergency travel assistance for travel arrangements, lost passports, emergency prescription replacement, medical referrals, emergency cash transfer and more.
- Family deductibles are capped at three per year.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- No pre-existing condition coverage.
- No term life or AD&D coverage.
- Coinsurance applies for U.S. medical care outside the PPO network.