The Good: With flexibility to choose from four benefit levels, travelers can choose a plan that accommodates their budget, trip length, and the area of coverage. No coinsurance outside the U.S. and Canada, this plan provides for emergency illnesses and injuries along with well care, physical therapy, and prescription drug coverage. An optional maternity rider is available as well as the Platinum plan option.
The Drawbacks: Coverage for pre-existing medical conditions is limited and only available after 24 continuous months of coverage. High school sports injuries are not covered in most plan levels and limited to $20,000 at the Platinum level.
The Bottom Line: This plan – available in four benefit levels – is long-term major medical care for global travelers. IMG plans include unique medical assistance services backed with on-site clinical staff for unparalleled personal assistance.
|Medical expenses||$5,000,000 – $8,000,000|
|Emergency dental||$100 – $1,000|
|Emergency evacuations||$50,000 – $8,000,000|
|Repatriation||$25,000 – $50,000|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Multiple deductible options are available.
- IMG plans include direct access to on-site clinical staff who is ready to assist travelers with their medical needs – locating providers, communicating with medical professionals, etc. – to get the best medical outcome.
- Alternative medical treatments, including acupuncture, aroma, herbal, magnetic, massage, and vitamin therapies are covered up to $50-$150.
- Wellness care up to $250 for adults ($150 for children) is provided and not subject to deductible or coinsurance.
- Plan provides for child and adult well care plus mental and nervous care after 12 months of coverage.
- Political evacuations up to $10,000 (Platinum plan only).
- Non emergency dental care (after a six-month waiting period) is covered at 50%-90% with with a $750 calendar year maximum and a $50 deductible (Platinum plan only).
- Non emergency dental, remote transportation, global concierge services (bag tracking, pre-trip health advisories, emergency cash transfers, emergency travel arrangements, prescription drug replacement, and much more), and vision services available (Platinum plan only).
- Platinum plan includes political evacuations and repatriation in the event the U.S. State Department issues an evacuation order.
- Platinum plan includes mental, nervous, and maternity coverage and these conditions are covered the same as any other illness.
- High school sports injuries are treated as any other injury with the Platinum plan only.
- Register for IMG’s online support service, MyIMGSM, for access to providers, explanation of benefits, status of claims, ID cards, certificate documents, and more.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional rider for maternity care for the standard plan.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Coverage for pre-existing conditions (except for the Platinum level) is limited to a $50,000 lifetime maximum and subject to a $5,000 per coverage period maximum.
- Adult well care, in-patient, and mental care is excluded under the Silver plan option and for the first 12 months of the other plans.
- No AD&D coverage.