The Good: Designed for employers with international employees and intended to provide U.S.-style health benefits and worldwide coverage. Available to companies with two or more internationally assigned employees or expatriate employees or independent contractors. Coverage for spouse and dependent children included.
The Drawbacks: No flight accident AD&D or emergency dental, and coinsurance percentages apply to treatment outside the PPO network within America and Canada.
The Bottom Line: This plan is cost-effective, comprehensive, employer-sponsored group medical coverage with life, dental, and daily indemnity coverage. Designed for employers who need international group medical coverage for their employees around the world.
|Emergency evacuations||Up to plan maximum|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Choose your deductible option from $0 to $25,000 (reduced by 50% when using the U.S. PPO network). Deductibles are capped at 2 or 3 per family per year.
- Term life and AD&D (required on groups of 20 or fewer employees) from $10,000 – $50,000 or 1-3 times annual salary to a maximum of $100,000.
- Chiropractic care included ($25 per visit up to 20 visits per year).
- Vision benefits for exams (up to $100 per 24 months) and materials (up to $150 per 24 months).
- Plan includes up to $10,000 for emergency reunion if insured is hospitalized.
- Access to eDocAmerica providing direct access to physicians, licensed psychologists, dieticians, fitness trainers, and more.
- Alternative medical treatments, including acupuncture, aroma, herbal, magnetic, massage, and vitamin therapies are covered up to $50-$150.
- Mental and nervous disorders, alcohol and substance abuse covered up to $10,000 per policy period, $20,000 lifetime.
- Emergency travel assistance includes emergency message relay, prescription replacement, travel arrangements, medical referrals, lost luggage assistance, emergency cash transfers, and more.
The following optional coverage is available when you purchase this plan:
- Optional group dental for diagnostic, preventative, and major dental care (even orthodontia) available in three plan levels.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- Coinsurance percentages apply to treatment delivered within the U.S. and Canada if outside the PPO network.
- Maternity coverage only after 10 months of continuous coverage (includes pre-natal care and newborn baby care).