The Good: Essential major medical coverage for U.S. students who are traveling abroad. This plan covers physician expenses, hospital charges, lab fees, intensive care, and more. This plan includes AD&D and emergency dental coverage as well. Low deductibles and a high lifetime maximum ensure a student’s medical care is covered.
The Drawbacks: Limited to U.S. citizens who are between the ages of 14 and 64 and traveling outside the U.S. for international study. No coverage for pre-existing medical conditions until after one full year of coverage; no coverage for dependents. Not applicable to residents of all U.S. states. Depending on where the student is traveling, the repatriation benefits may not be adequate.
The Bottom Line: This is essential major medical coverage for U.S. students outside their home country for the purpose of education or research.
|Medical expenses||$100,000 ($250,000 lifetime maximum)|
|Emergency dental||$250/per tooth (for accidents)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Includes bedside visit reimbursement up to $1,500 if insured is hospitalized at least seven days.
- Basic medical covered at 100% up to the first $10,000, then supplemental medical covers at 80% up to an additional $90,000.
- Deductible is $50 and this plan is annually renewable.
- Access to HTH Global Health and Safety resources for drug translations, health and security news, provider network, and worldwide security information.
- Includes 24-hour global emergency medical assistance for evacuation coordination, medical monitoring, emergency cash transfers, and more.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- Reasonable care for pregnancy included only after one full year of coverage.
- Pre-existing medical conditions not covered until after one full year of coverage.