The Good: This is an affordable and highly focused trip cancellation plan with some baggage loss protection and a good flight accident benefit limit. Ideal for travelers who are traveling in safe areas where their risk of travel accidents and injuries is minimal. Extensive travel assistance and global health assistance services is included. This plan does not require you to have a health insurance plan.
The Drawbacks: This is a very limited package plan focused entirely on cancellation and flight accident losses with a little baggage loss protection. Available only to residents of the U.S. and Canada, and conditions apply for residents of some U.S. states.
The Bottom Line: This plan is highly focused on cancellation and air flight accidents and it includes little else in the way of solid package plan benefits. It’s designed for travelers who are concerned primarily with their vacation investment and air flight accidents.
|Trip cancellation||100% (maximum trip cost $30,000)|
|Flight accident AD&D||$100,000|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Covered reasons for trip cancellation include illnesss, injury or death that occurs to you, a family member or traveling companion (conditions apply).
- Includes 24-hour global health and safety resources, including destination health and security information, HTH drug translation guide, news alerts, and more.
- Includes emergency travel assistance services including cash transfers, replacement medication, embassy services, translation services, concierge services, and more.
The following are the limitations on this plan’s coverage:
- No trip interruption, travel delay, missed connection or baggage delay coverage.
- No medical or evacuation coverage.
- No coverage for pre-existing medical conditions.
- No coverage for terrorist acts or hazardous activities like mountain climbing, sky diving, and more.