The Good: With your choice of medical limits and deductibles, this plan offers single-trip travel medical protection for trips up to six months for U.S. travelers age 74 and younger who are traveling outside their home country. Pre-existing medical coverage is automatically included and it covers 100% of medical expenses after the deductible and up to your choice of plan limit.
The Drawbacks: Requires travelers to be under age 74 and U.S. residents. Coverage is not available to residents of all states.
The Bottom Line: This is excellent travel medical protection for U.S. residents leaving their home country who want protection against financial losses due to medical or evacuation expenses. Comprehensive medical assistance, security assistance, and travel emergency assistance services are included.
|Medical expenses||$50,000 – $1,000,000 ($0 – $500 deductible)|
|Emergency dental||$100/per tooth ($200 maximum)|
|24/7 assistance services||Yes|
This plan is unique in that it provides the following:
- Plan covers 100% of eligible inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical, and prescription drug costs after deductible up to plan limits.
- Available for travelers up to age 74.
- Plan automatically covers emergency medical care for pre-existing medical conditions.
- Includes additional travel reimbursement services up to $100 per incident ($500 maximum) for lost travel documents and lost luggage.
- Includes bedside visit cost reimbursement up to $1,500.
- Includes up to $500 for common carrier ticket changes if your trip is interrupted for medical reasons, a terrorist event, or imminent threat to personal safety as documented by a U.S. State Department travel warning issued during your trip.
- Access to HTH Global Health and Safety services for worldwide health and security information, drug translation services, news alerts, and more.
- Access to global medical assistance as well.
The following are the limitations on this planâ€™s coverage:
- Benefits resulting from skiing and underwater diving limited to $10,000.